Leaves on the Trudgian Tree

Exploring the lives of one Trudgian family in Galena, Illinois through the eyes of their daughter, Lillian, during the years of 1913 through 1931. Lillian's authentic diary entries explore the family, neighbors, what is happening in Galena, as well as, national events and of course the weather and the crops!

Name:
Location: Portage, Michigan, United States

Since all three volumes of "Lillian's Diaries: Whispers From Galena's Past" have been transcribed and published, I am currenting working on another book about the Trudgian (Tregian/Trugeon) family. This time it will be a novel based on historical events which involve my ancestors in Cornwall in the 1400-1600's. I have just started organizing my research so it will be a year or two before you will see it in the bookstore! I have just finished leading a Genealogy Class for beginners at my church. At the end of the six session class everyone had discovered some new information about their ancestors but there was, of course, many more questions to be answered. So I started the "Whispers From Our Ancestors" blog to provide a space for us to share our genealogical joys and roadblocks. Http://seekingourpast.blogspot.com is open to everyone doing genealogy - beginners to experts and all those inbetween.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Little Extra

Some readers from Lillian's Diaries Vol. 2 are having trouble posting their reviews on amazon.com ( yes they have already finished reading the book) so I have suggested they write their reviews on this website. Look for some upcoming reviews to appear here. I always like to hear from readers about Lillian's Diaries, as their comments help me shape the next volume.

Speaking of next volume, how do you feel about Lillian's Diaires as a "book group" book. I am thinking of adding a series of questions to Vol. 3 that would encourage discussion on the book, the time period, the location and, of course, the main character. Do you think that might be appealing to some people? Send me your thoughts on the subject.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home